Last updated November 25, 2020
Sportwatch LLC (“Sportwatch”, “we”, “us”, “our”) values data privacy and transparency. We value everyone’s right to privacy and work to protect personal information. If a User (“User”, “you”, “reader”) has any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy applies to all information collected through our Services, as well as any related services, sales, marketing, or our events.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Is your information transferred internationally?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Controls for do-not-track features
- Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
- Do we make updated to this notice?
- How can you contact us about this notice?
- How can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on our App, express interest in obtaining information about us or our produces and Services, when you participate in activities on our Website (such as posting comments or entering contents), or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and our Website and App, the choices you make, and the products or features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information provided by You. We collect names, gender, phone numbers, email addresses, schools, mailing addresses, billing addresses, and other similar information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. Payment history is stored by our Service and Fovea, and payment data is stored by Apple and Google. You can find their privacy notice links here: https://billing.fovea.cc/privacy-policy/ and https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/ and https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In short: Some information – such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you use our App or visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Website and when you open, use, or navigate the App. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, session information, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website or App, which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity on the Website or App (such as the date and time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take, such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports – sometimes called ‘crash dumps’ – and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access or interact with the Website or App. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
2. How do we use your information?
In short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our Service to you, compliance with our legal obligations, and your consent.
We user personal information collected via our Website and App for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform our Services provided to you, with your consent, and for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive to:
- Facilitate account creation and logon process. We use your email and created password to facilitate account creation and future logon authentication to provide the App and our Services to you. In addition, if you choose to link your account with us via a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- Enable user-to-user and Service-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user or Service-to-use communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing your account, keeping it in working order, to verify the authenticity of your account, and to notify you of any security concerns.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your purchases, payments, and cancellations through our Website and/or App.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer price draws and competitions when you elect to participate in such competitions.
- Deliver and facilitate deliver of our Services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested Service(s).
- Respond to user inquires and offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquires and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to use for our marketing purposes, if in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Service, subscribing to marketing communications, or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “What are your privacy rights” below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure it effectiveness.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In short: We only share information to provide you with Services, to protect your rights, to comply with laws, to fulfill your consent or request, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and to provide our Services.
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a designated purpose.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or a legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business and Services to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer your certain products, services, or promotions.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments to the Website or creating a team on the App) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Website or App, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly made available outside of the Website or App in perpetuity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Services, or view your profile.
5. Is your information transferred internationally?
In short: We may transfer, store, or process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Website from outside the United Stated, pleas be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Will your information be shared with anyone?” above) in the United Stated and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will, however, take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
6. How long do we keep your information?
In short: We keep your information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as taxing, accounting, or other legal legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or – if this is not possible (if your personal data has been stored in a backup archive, for example) – we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. How do we keep your information safe?
In short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and best efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet of information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cyber criminals, bad actors, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to bypass our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website or App is at your own risk. You should only access and use our Services within a secure environment.
8. Do we collect information from minors?
In short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 13 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using our Services, you represent that you are at least 13 years old or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of our Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. What are your privacy rights?
In short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some reasons (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access to and obtain a copy of your personal information; (ii) to request rectification or erasure of your data; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please see the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdraw, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal data, you have the right to complain to your local data protect supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would – at any time – like to review or change the information in your account or terminate you can:
- Log into your account settings and update your user account
- Contact us using the contact information provided
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list. However, we may still communicate with you; for example, we may send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Access your account settings and update preferences
- Contact us using the contact information provided
10. Controls for Do-Not-Track features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting that you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users (who are California residents) to request and obtain from us information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year, once a year free of charge. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 13 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with our Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post or provide to our Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on our Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all of our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
- every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.”
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers||Contact detail, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Gender and date of birth||YES|
|D. Commercial information||Transaction information, purchase, history, financial details, and payment information||YES|
|E. Biometric information||Fingerprints and voiceprints||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements||NO|
|G. Geolocation data||Device location||NO|
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Business contact details in order to provide you our Services at a business level, job title, as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us||NO|
|J. Education information||Student records and directory information||YES|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, and individual’s preferences and characteristics||NO|
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories in instances where you interact with us in-person, online, by phone, or by mail in the context of:
- Receiving help trough our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests;
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
How do we use and share your personal information?
More information about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice.
You may contact us by email at email@example.com, by mailing 4550 N Hemlock Rd., Hemlock, MI, 48626, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this notice.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt-out, we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be selling of your personal data.
Sportwatch LLC has not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months. Sportwatch LLC will not sell personal information in the future belonging to website visitors, app users, and other consumers.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
Right to request deletion of the data – Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation, or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed – Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to non-discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if your exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide personal information so that we can match it with the information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you previously provided us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
- you may object to the processing of your personal data
- you may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
- you can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- you may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon reeceiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by mailing 4550 N Hemlock Rd., Hemlock, MI, 48626, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this notice. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
12. Do we make updates to this notice?
In short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notice. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
13. How can you contact us about this notice?
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officier (DPO), Matthew Loucks, by email at email@example.com or by post to:
4550 N Hemlock Rd
Hemlock, MI 48626
14. How can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days.